On February 10th, 2017, one of the Supplier of Sargento Foods Inc., Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Ind., has notified the company that a specialty Longhorn Colby cheese they supplied to Sargento must be recalled due to a potential contamination of Listeria monocytogenes.
Sargento Foods Inc., one of the biggest cheesmaker on the US, issued a preventive recall on the following products:
– Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, with “Sell By
” dates of “12APR17B” and “10MAY17B”-
– Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040041, with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “H12JUL17.” These products were packaged at our Plymouth, Wis. facility.
The cheese in question was all packaged at Sargento’s plant in Plymouth, Wisconsin. As a precaution way, they are also recalling other products that were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17”, “F28JUN17” and “D28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
“We are vigilantly monitoring this issue to ensure the situation will be resolved in a timely manner. Our unwavering commitment to safety is at the core of everything we do at Sargento. We are in full cooperation with the federal Food and Drug Administration to rigorously investigate and resolve this issue. At Sargento, food quality and safety is of the most importance to everything we do.“
– Taylor Farms Recalls Chicken and Pork Salad Products: read more here.
– Country Fresh, LLC. of Conroe, Texas, recall cooking and snacking products: read more here.
– MDS Foods Inc. recall list here.
– Choice Farms LLC Recalls Very Limited Quantity of Mushrooms Stuffed : read more here.
UPDATE – March 4th 2017: No updates have been released so far.